Playing roulette is simple but it does not mean you have to play carelessly. If you are about to wager real money, it is important that you familiarise yourself with the Roulette Odds for UK or the chances of winning. In roulette, this is important because every bet has a specific probability of winning.
You already know that there are two main groups of bets in roulette –inside bets and outside bets. This is based on the layout of the table. The minimum bet is the same for both bets. The only difference is that inside bets allow the players to spread out the bet over a range of numbers while the outside bets allow the players to bet equal to the minimum.
Here are the betting odds of roulette:
Before you consider inside bets, you have to note that this type of bet has a higher house edge but the payouts are much greater. It is crucial that you learn how to weigh the risk and reward ratio. Inside bets have the following types:
Straight bet: this type describes putting a bet on any number inside the table. Truth be told, this type of inside bet is the riskiest but it is the most rewarding. It has 35:1 odds.
• Split bet: you can choose to bet on 2 numbers at once. It has 17:1 odds.
• Street bet: you can bet on 3 numbers at the same time. It has 11:1 odds.
• Double street bet: this bet is made by putting a chip on the line between the 2 rows of numbers. It has 5:11 odds.
• Square bet: you can choose to bet on 4 numbers. It has 8:1 odds.
• Five-number: American roulette will allow you to bet on 5 numbers. It has 6:1 odds.
Outside bets are ideal for beginners because they are less risky but the payout tends to be lower. In fact, this bet is the most popular type because of its lower house edge compared to inside bets. Outside bets have the following types:
Red or black: this is by far the most famous bet because it talks about an even-money bet. You are allowed to pick the color (whether red or black) of the number the ball will hit. It has 1:1 odds.
• Odd or even: in this type, you can place your bet on an odd or even number. Like the red or black bet, this has also 1:1 odds.
• Field bets: in this type, you can place your bet on sections marked “1-18” or “19-36”. This has also 1:1 odds.
• Dozen bet: you can place a bet on 12 numbers at the same time. This bet does not refer to consecutive numbers on the wheel but the layout numbers. It has 2:1 odds.
• Column bets: you are betting that one of the columns of numbers (on the layout) will have the winning number. It has 2:1 odds.
Understanding the odds and probabilities of roulette bets is crucial if you want to start winning big. Do not play hastily or carelessly because it will cost your bankroll. As soon as you are ready, you can explore the different bets.